IndianaFIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is part of a multinational non-profit organization that aspires to transform culture, making science, math, engineering, and technology as cool for kids as sports are today. IndianaFIRST aims to implement and sustain national FIRST programs, as well as other robotics programs, for all Indiana students.
FIRST was founded in 1989 by Dean Kamen, inventor of the Segway Human Transporter. Along with the FIRST Robotics Competition, FIRST also runs the FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST LEGO League, for children 9-14 years old.
FIRST video narrated by Morgan Freeman. Click Here
2013 FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) game has been announced! Check out the game animation for Ultimate Ascent here.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
IndianaFIRST is truly a volunteer driven organization. With close to 290 teams statewide, it takes a large and diverse group of volunteers to make IndianaFIRST successful; Mentors and Coaches guide the kids on their teams, Event Volunteers make the seasonal events possible and field volunteers continue to help IndianaFIRST grow season after season. Volunteers are community leaders, employees of companies, teachers, parents, university students and faculty, FIRST alum….and YOU!
• Mentor a Team: As a mentor or coach of an IndianaFIRST team, you will work side by side with kids 6-18 providing experiential learning opportunities and showing students how math, science and technology are used to solve problems in the real world.
• Help at an Event: IndianaFIRST Robotics Competition (IFRC) challenges teams of young people and their mentors to solve a common problem in a six-week timeframe using a standard “kit of parts” and a common set of rules. Teams build robots from the parts and compete in games at regional, district and state championships. Regional and Championship Competitions take place Thursday through Saturday in the Spring. You get to help out with an exciting and fun-filled opportunity to see youth in action, applying the knowledge and skills developed through team participation.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, email us at email@example.com
SPONSOR A TEAM OR EVENT
IndianaFIRST is supported by a strong network of corporations, foundations, educational institutions, and individuals. This support includes financial contributions, in-kind donations, employee volunteerism – vital resources for our growth. Please join us in inspiring youth to pursue science, technology, engineering and math excellence by:
• Providing financial support
• Involving employees as mentors and/or volunteers
• Providing equipment and facilities for teams to build their robots
• Offering Scholarships??
• Providing Internship for FIRST students.
For sponsorship information contact Jason Zielke at Jason@indianafirst.org or 317.414.0324